Holiday
I have booked our holiday! First of all there is the huge sense of relief that I have finally made a decision (of course Andy helped, but I was still dithering) and now there is the holiday countdown to enjoy.
For the last three years we have been to Dawlish Warren in Devon which is an ideal place for families with small children, but this year we thought it was time for a change. We decided to explore another part of the south coast and look for something in the area around Weymouth. We prefer to stay on holiday parks so there is lots for the girls to do, but usually choose a chalet or a bungalow in preference to a caravan. I really didn't want to choose a caravan (my blood runs cold at the thought of it shaking as the girls thunder up and down it, and they are always packed so close together) but surprisingly most of the parks in the area seemed to be almost exclusively caravans only...very nice caravans some of them, but caravans nonetheless.
So, this time we have chosen something a little bit different. We have opted for a park which is about 8 miles inland, in the countryside. It's in a woodland setting so there should be plenty of interesting things for the girls to spot and places to explore. Our accomodation is a lodge (wow, sounds posh, although probably not THAT posh) and as we have both been working very hard in the last few months we decided to pay a bit extra for it to have a few mod cons like a DVD player and a dishwasher. There is an indoor pool as well as a soft play area so the girls won't be bored if the weather is bad. Oooh, the excitement is building!
Tags
I should do my other two tags but I feel inordinately guilty about tagging other people. But then I feel guilty because I haven't done my tags. Sam, you are to blame for this dilemma! (but I still love you)
Non musician
I am still recovering from my attempt to play the piano at Mass this afternoon. In my defence a) I have played the piano properly twice in the last 5 years (maybe more, but that's how long I can be certain about) and b) I got the music at 4:30 pm yesterday and had my first opportunity to practice it an hour and a quarter before Mass started. Considering my mitigating circumstances, it was not a disaster...there were a few 'interesting' harmonies, but I managed to keep going. It was all a bit stressful though, and I think the moral of the story is that I need to get my piano moved here (although I did request a little more notice of future occasions!) My piano dwells at my Dad's, as it has since I moved out nearly 10 years ago - and of course for quite a few years before that. My first house was too small for it, and moving it here is one of those things I have never really got round to.
My Girls
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wah ha ha ha ha *evil cackle*... I love causing dilemmas! And dont worry, I still love you too even though you can't choose between me or tagging other people - the choice should be obvious!
The holiday sounds luxurious, I am jealous. I hope we get a postcard?
Plinky plinky plinky plonk, plinky plonk, plinky plonk.... as the song goes!
Huggles
s
x
Post a Comment