My Girls

Monday, April 02, 2007

Trying to get into good habits

I have discovered the longer it goes the harder it gets, and I feel any installments have to be earth shattering. So without a great deal to say, here goes.....

The weather has been good (I measure that on how effectively my washing dries on the line, so in other words sunny and windy). That always gives me a lift in spirits, and I have managed to stay reasonably above water as a result.

Apparently there is a big ruckus going on at the school about the allocation of nursery places, so will keep my head down about my coveted morning place for Hannah (apart from with my friends (help - am I in a school gate clique????) who also have mornings). Some children have not got in at all as it is oversubscribed for the first time in a long while. Others are unhappy that parents with children already at the school get priority for the morning session. Maybe they don't realise that when our first child went to nursery we were in the same boat and have had afternoons already for them.

I'm looking forward to the Easter holiday starting on Friday. Caitlin is tired and needs a break. Although she loves school, you can see she is getting to the point where she has had enough.

I'm feeling tired now, and planning an early night. I have been so tired, but have found it difficult to sleep the last few nights. There is lots on my mind.

Big discovery of the day - Hannah likes prawns! I have found a new healthy food she likes! Caitlin likes them too, but then she likes most things. Hannah is terribly fussy and won't even try something if she doesn't like the look of it, and protein is a particular issue (can you get all your protein requirements from sausage and ham? I doubt it.), so this is great!

No comments: