It seems like yesterday that you were here
But then one day God called you near
He whispered "June, it's time to go,
Your work is done, I think you know
You’re needed now in heaven above
To share with my angels all your love"
"Lord" you said "Your will be done
I've been tired now for oh so long
I'll close my eyes and go to sleep
And give my soul to you to keep
One thing I ask, my Lord, of you
Comfort my loved ones, help them through."
I watched you go, so much pain in my heart
I couldn't imagine us being apart
I held your hand and through the tears
I softly whispered all my fears
And I thought I heard you say
"I love you my daughter, but I cannot stay"
Although the weeks and months pass by
There are tears in my heart that I cannot cry
I miss you so much every day
A longing to see you, that never fades away
All I can do is to pray to God above
"Cherish my Mum, Lord, and give her all my love"
My Girls
Monday, April 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a beautiful poem.
Elly xx
Post a Comment