Caitlin's Bedroom
It's a nightmare. The details are tedious, but I can sum it up with: 70 year old plaster and some wierd sticky residue that nothing will adhere to without cracking. Nothing, that is, until we tried Polyfilla base coat. Hurrah! However...two coats of that, two of pink, painting the (artex!) ceiling and the skirting still leaves much work to be done. I have also discovered that the plaster starts to fall off one of the walls if you use a power sander on it :| Trying not to think about that.......and won't be using the power sander on it again or trying to attach anything to it like pictures........
Holiday
Only 12 days to go!!!!! (Trying not to think about washing and ironing)
I am really excited! Last year I just had a wrong feeling about it being so soon after mum's death. I still enjoyed it because of the girls, but I couldn't feel the same excitement about it. This year I just want us all to relax and have lots of fun. I am also really looking forward to meeting up with my friend Sarah and her daughter Amy - who is Caitlin's pen friend - while we are away.
More excitement
Just after we get back from our holiday Sam is going down to Oxford to stay in Elly's mum's guest house. So, I will get to meet up with Elly and meet Sam and her family for the FIRST TIME all in one go!
Anniversary
Mum's anniversary and the time around it was hard, but I got through and my family did too. Now that difficult time has passed for now I can feel myself wanting to get on with things with mum's spirit with me. That is a relief because it is also hard on Andy and the girls when I get down.
My Girls
Monday, June 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey there,
I cant wait to meet you and the girls! I hope you have recovered from your holiday when I meet you! I'm glad you are feeling a bit more peace about your mum's anniversary. You know I love you.
Sam
xxx
Post a Comment