Firstly, apologies to Elly for any insinuation that she is more boring than CBeebies. Perish the thought!
On my mind tonight is the upcoming Children’s Liver Disease Foundation Annual Conference this Saturday, which I am greatly looking forward to. Last year was our first visit (the year before we were just becoming aware that we were actually affected by childhood liver disease) and I found it to be an excellent event. My only regret was that I didn’t take any notes, and couldn’t remember a lot of it afterwards.
It is hard to know whether I am more excited about the conference itself or the chance to meet up with my friends. I can’t wait to get together again with Elly, Danielle, Jane and Nish, and to meet Liz and Alex for the first time. We are also planning a group photo with the Liver Families travelling bear Billy Rubin, whom Liz will be bringing to the conference and handing over to us! I am very excited about Billy Rubin’s visit, and plan to take him on a grand tour of Coventry!
The agenda for the conference looks excellent this year, as does the panel of experts. I hope to be able to personally thank Prof Millar for the clearly excellent job he did with Hannah’s Kasai….I haven’t seen him since she was discharged. I had this hope last year, but it was hard to be disappointed when the reason for his non-attendance was that he was carrying out a transplant. I plan to attend the session on ‘Biliary Atresia – Past, Present, and Future’, which should prove extremely interesting.
My Girls
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment