My Girls

Monday, February 13, 2006

Catch Up

As the weeks have gone by this blog post has become more and more intimidating as I find more and more to write. So…a quick catch up, then I can feel like I can get stuck into some topics in detail.

In no particular order, because that gets tricky….

Me

I had a nasty tooth extraction 3 weeks ago. OUCH :-(

I had most of my hair chopped off at the start of January. I’ve not been radical with my hair for about 15 years. It was great – amazingly exhilarating. I like it, and I can ‘style’ it myself, at least in relation to previous cuts.

I have been on a mission to organise my life. There’s still a way to go, but I’ve made BIG progress. Tidy living room and kitchen!!!!!!!!

An update on my New Year resolutions: The car is still here (GRR) but not for too much longer, I hope. The financial sorting out is well under way. The CLDF resolution is also going quite well. I have been in contact with Sarah the fundraising officer, who has been great, and I am in the planning stages for a couple of ideas. I have also contacted Babyworld and they are going to run an article featuring Hannah, which is very exciting, so watch this space. Rachel from CLDF has helped with this.

I have been busy with a new email group, Paediatric Liver Disease UK, and the new Liver Families Forum. (Links soon, as the forum opens this week). More detail on these later, but I am VERY excited about both of them.

Elly and Arthur visited a couple of weeks ago, which was nothing short of delightful. I am already excited about the next visit.

Andy and I have been reading a book about God’s Purpose for your life. I can’t possibly sum it up quickly, so it’s another ‘more later’.

Holiday booked – same as last year. Hurrah!

Andy

Is the king of the PDT (hand held computer) at work, and very busy. Paid overtime – for the second time in 8.5 years!

Caitlin

Her parents evening report from Nursery was very good! Although she is one of the youngest children in the class, she is not disadvantaged because her language is so good. She plays with lots of different children and has learned to take turns and share. She loves the craft activities (surprise, surprise). She is learning to trace over the letters of her name.

She is making rapid progress with letters and numbers, and is getting very good at dressing and undressing herself. She likes to choose her own clothes in the morning, and Hannah’s too sometimes – and mine!
Caitlin has been to two birthday parties and loved them both. New life skill: Buying decent, reasonably priced gifts for small boys.

Today she received a certificate from Nursery (in the post, it’s half term) for being “consistently well presented”. Much excitement and promises of treats. (Follows a previous disappointment where other children got them and she didn’t! ) When we rang Daddy to tell him, he was informed that the postman had brought her a certificate for looking pretty at nursery.

Quick quote: “That’s our planet, mummy. [Cbeebies programme about wildlife, the Earth appears now and then] Don’t forget, it’s blue and white!”

Current most commonly occurring phrase: “Hannah’s not sharing with me, Mummy”

Oh, and more on lepers soon…..

Hannah

Nasty cold + no decrease in activity level
Better
MMR
OK
Nasty cold + chesty cough + temperature + no decrease in activity level

LOTS of new words. Too many to list. If you say something she doesn’t like she says ‘New’ (the closest I can get to how she says no) and puts her hands over her eyes. Help.

Climbing. More climbing. And then some more.

Obsession with phones.

Obsession with clothes.

Baptism

AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coming up, 12th March.

Dad

No oncology for 12 months!!! Hassling the hospital chief exec (fair play) seems to have won him the battle with ‘Dr Nasty, Patronising and Unhelpful, Dermatology Consultant, and he’s clear from gastroenterology too!

Me again

Time for sleep. Back soon.

No comments: