It’s now only 10 days until Caitlin starts at nursery. We have bought her uniform and she looks such a big girl in it. We met her teacher on Monday and Caitlin seemed quite impressed with her, especially the fact she gave her a Milky Bar. A toy catalogue came with the paper the other day, and she has spent much time browsing through it; “Mummy, can I have…..?”
TV favourites recently have been Shrek (One) and ‘The Country Mouse and the City Mouse’ (belated birthday present from Great Grandma). Why does it always have to be the same one for 5 days in a row? We were walking to the shops the other day when Caitlin said, “You know Mummy, it’s not Shrek who has a problem with the world, it’s the world that has a problem with Shrek!” Scary.
Hannah was playing with Andy’s boots today. I moved them out of the way. Caitlin went to him and said sternly, “Daddy, it’s your fault for leaving them there in the first place!”
Hannah is running. All the time. The girl needs shoes. She’ll probably just take them off, chew them and then lose them. She has a thing for shoes….
Hannah went 3 months 11 days without being poked by a needle – WOW – but her 3rd Hep B vaccination on Wednesday marked the start of a busy period. She is having her first flu in a month, the second a month later, Prevenar booster in December and MMR in January. She will need bloods at the end of October for a local clinic visit and again in January to check whether the Hep B vaccine has taken. This is actually not that many needle pokes compared to some children with liver disease (lots have to have permanent access put in) but we have been very spoilt the last 6 months. At least come January we should be on to 6 monthly blood tests and there are only 2 vaccinations next year. Not that I’m making any assumptions.
Of course there was the usual cock up, where there was no vaccine when we went for the original appointment on Tuesday, so we went back on Wednesday. The pharmacy hadn’t delivered the vaccine as agreed, so the nurse had to go over there and get it, while I tried to prevent Hannah from demolishing her treatment room. I’ve just got used to this stuff now. The jab itself was uneventful, thankfully. As usual she didn’t even cry, and enjoyed a jelly baby afterwards.
She’s not sleeping well the last few days, teething and snuffly. Don’t really mind these minor gripes, but I would love a good night’s sleep!
I am continuing to make slow progress towards being a semi organised person. I am spending time at present creating ‘useful documents’ which I hope will actually be used and of benefit to me rather than a waste of time. The idea is supposed to be to use my time more efficiently and to dither a bit less. I’m very pleased with my e-book of recipes, there are loads of good and easy ideas to try.
We made it to toddler group last Thursday and even better to church the last 3 Sundays. I have also got into going to Sainsbury’s on a Friday morning, and achieved Caitlin’s new pre-school start time of 8:40 every time, although only with the car. I am relieved there are only three more of those.
Since my last post the CLASSKIDS discussion forum had to be suspended because the nature of some of the discussions was threatening the charitable status of CLASS. Obviously this action was not taken lightly but unfortunately many people have been left without a vital source of information and support. About 40 refugees have found their way to a Yahoo group called Livermoms but there must be lots more lost out there. Hopefully the forum will be up and running again soon, with some tighter regulations in place, so that it is a source of comfort and support for everyone who needs it.
We are going to the CLDF conference in a fortnight. It has been highly recommended to me by people who have been before, and I am very much looking forward to meeting up with some friends. I think the girls will enjoy the crèche.
I need to change the description of my blog. Two under threes no longer.
My Girls
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment